SFL-TAP Career Counselor
Troop Care Title: Military Career Counselor (SFL-TAP Career Counselor)
DOCPER Approved Position
Inverness Technologies is currently seeking US Citizens stationed or living in the areas of Stuttgart, Germany.
**This position is located in Germany. Must be willing to relocate.
The SFL-TAP Career Counselor is the SFL-TAP Center’s principal provider of services to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members. The SFL-TAP Career Counselor serves as an advisor/counselor to assist with navigating the VOW/CRS mandates to become Career Ready and to track progress of transitioner in TAPXXI. The Career Counselor complies with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks. The specific duties of the SFL-TAP Career Counselor include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Pre-Separation Briefings, Transition Overview Courses, MOS Crosswalk Courses and Preseparation counseling.
- Assist clients as needed in preparing Individual Transition Plans (ITPs) and monitoring progress by notifying/encouraging completion of products (resume, gap analysis, etc.)
- Provide Initial Transition Counseling.
- Insure all separating military personnel complete a form DD-2648/DD-2648-1 for Reserve Component, Pre-separation Counseling Checklist; and, complete a CAPSTONE event to receive DD-2958 and meet VOW/CRS requirements for Career Readiness.
- Refer separating personnel to both on-post and off-post service providers.
- Conduct and/or offer additive workshops that increase knowledge on skills learned during the Department of Labor Employment workshop via JKO and Virtual means.
- Provide instruction to clients on automated tools to include: TAPXXI and resume writer
- Assist clients in translating their military skills and training into language that will be clearly understood and appreciated by private sector employers.
- Facilitate the client’s transition from the military environment to the civilian environment
- Assist CIM with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also notifying clients of missed requirements for VOW/CRS
- Other duties: complete all mandatory Government training; safeguard PII; file records according to ARIMS; upload information into iPERMS (after training received from Govt); participate in sustainment training events as offered
- Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience. Bachelor’s Degree accepted with experience. Other qualifications include the ability to accomplish the following: support transitioning military personnel, Army Civilians, and Family Members with separation briefings, conduct training to support VOW/CRS, resume critiques, interview support, etc.; learn and use TAP XXI system to assist clients; track client progress and; assist with job fairs, employer days, and classroom events. Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
**Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a NACi clearance.